Thursday, September 11, 2008

" The Tell Tale Heart"

Hello again!

I prefer media clip number 1 because in my opinion it gives the best explanation of the story, and as I haven't read the story it gives me a pretty good idea in my head of what the story is about and what the book would be like. It also has some of the actual text in the video too, so this really helps me to get an even better understanding of what the author would be saying in his book, which would intrigue me to read the book or not read the book.
I think that again clip number 1 would be the best clip to help a reader understand the story because it is the most accurate and also, as I said before, has a reading from the actual text. So that in itself would help someone understand the story. Whereas with clip number 3 it is a puppet version and is more for entertainment (I found it funny!) than explanation and accuracy! The first clip also has quite a weird narrator that thinks he is normal, which always adds to the drama and suspence of stories because you enver know what they are going to do next. I think that this would suggest that in the book the author wants to give you the impression that he is quite wierd and not normal! For example he didn't want to kill an old man because he was rich but becasue he had a scary eye that whenever he looked at it, it made his blood run cold! Well, that's about it now.

No comments: